Brett Hyland has nearly 30 years of experience in the areas of product/asset compliance, competency assessment and regulatory compliance. He is an expert in the evaluation of compliance frameworks, having led hundreds of formal certification/accreditation evaluations based on compliance standards including ISO 17025, ISO 17020 and ISO 9001.
Bachelor of Science (Honours degree) – University of Melbourne
Graduate Diploma Engineering – Swinburne University of Technology
phone 03 9574 6144
mobile 0404 184 977
- Product and asset testing standards and compliance frameworks.
- Managing and evaluating QA/QC processes.
- Laboratory compliance evaluation.
- Regulatory compliance systems.
- Certification/accreditation advisory services.
- Defence assets, building compliance, oil and gas assets, road and bridge construction, power generation, manufacturing and facility management.
- Foreign material identification within food manufacturing facilities and products.
- Cracking of steel and aluminium welds within pipe and tank structures.
- Environmental stress cracking of plastic fixtures exposed to cleaning product.
- Investigations into coating delamination failures.
- Evaluation of 3D printed material defects and microstructures.
- Failure analysis including hydrogen embrittlement of steel bolts, carpet staining, high temperature fracture of transmission line copper conductors, fatigue of bearing components and corrosion of structural anchor bars.
- Materials testing of corrosion resistance of stainless steel panels, case depth of gear teeth and mechanical strength of fire affected steel beams.
- Acoustic emission testing of Elevated Work Platforms
- Seven years as Sector Manager holding technical and stakeholder responsibilities for Australia’s laboratory accreditation program, spanning all engineering sectors - National Association of Testing Authorities (2011-2018).
- Appointed investigator for the government funded (SISO) project for the review of non-conforming (imported) building products and reporting to affected regulators and policymakers (2014-2017).
- Project lead for ongoing investigation of integrity issues within the Civil Construction sector (2015-2018).
- Eleven years technical responsibility for Australia’s NDT laboratory accreditation program - National Association of Testing Authorities (2000-2011).
- Six years full time Management Systems Auditor - NCSI (1994-2000).
- Recognised Lead Auditor (ISO 17025) - National Association of Testing Authorities (1991-2018).
- American Society for Quality (formerly QSA) Senior Quality Auditor certification (1996 -2005).
- APLAC International Laboratory Accreditation Evaluator recognition (2012-2018).
- AINDT Certification Board for Non-destructive Testing (2000-current)
- WTIA Qualification and Certification Panel (2016-current)
- WTIA Australian National Board for Certification of Constructors (2016-current)
- ABCB WaterMark Scheme Technical Expert Panel (2016-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee AG-013 Components used for Gas Appliances and Equipment (2016-
- Standard Australia Committee BD-042 Methods of Testing Concrete (2011-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee CE-009 Testing Soils for Engineering Purposes (2011-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee CE-012 Aggregates & Rock (2011-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee CH-025 Bitumen & Related Products (2011-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee ME-029 Fasteners (2015-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee ME-060 Controlled Environments (2012-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee MT-007 Non-Destructive Testing of Metals & Materials (2000-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee WS-001 Water fittings (2014-2018)
- Standard Australia Committee WS-032 Water Efficient Appliances (2014-2018)