Margarita Vargas is a mechanical and corrosion engineer with extensive experience in materials and mechanical testing and consulting, asset integrity inspection and corrosion engineering in the oil and gas, marine, civil and manufacturing industries.
Dr Margarita Vargas
BEng (Mech) Hons, FIEAust, D. App. Sci.
Senior Consulting Engineer
phone 03 9574 6144
mobile 0428 739 982
- Corrosion inspection and consulting, including materials selection for corrosion resistance, corrosion of structural materials.
- Microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) of welded stainless steels.
- Failure analysis and root cause analysis and reporting.
- Materials science and mechanical testing.
- Friction stir processing and severe plastic deformation of aluminium and magnesium alloys.
- Management of materials and mechanical testing accredited facilities.
- Microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) in tropical marine environments.
- Failure analysis of structural materials.
- On-site corrosion inspection and root-cause analysis of corrosion related failures of piping steel.
- Independent review of cathodic protection systems.
- Metallurgical assessment and root cause analysis of heat exchanger failures in the gas processing industry.
- Mechanical testing for compliance of weld procedures.