Gary Martin is ATTAR’s co-founder with 52 years experience; Conducting materials failure analysis on metals, polymers and ceramics. Providing a forensic materials engineering service to all courts. He has also undertaken non-destructive testing, particularly acoustic emission testing of metallic pressure vessels, storage tanks, fibre reinforced plastic and timber. He conducted slip-resistance testing since 1985 and based on that experience prepared the first draft for AS 3661:1993. He also established and delivered courses and set examinations in the 5 main NDT Methods as well as Visual Inspection and AE since 1990.
Dr Gary Martin
MIEAust Cert IV TAA, ISO9712 Level 3 PT, MT. ASNT Level III PT, MT, UT, SNT-TC-1A Level III AE
Chairman and Technical Director
phone 03 9574 6144
mobile 0438 746 144
- Preparation and provision of Expert reports compliant with Court requirements.
- Investigations in to personal injuries, with regard to equipment and surrounding compliance with Codes and Standards.
- Detailed investigations into small or large-scale mechanical and structural failures to determine root cause.
- Determination of component compliance with specification and fitness for purpose.
- Utilising specialised and unique materials characterisation equipment, enabling full and detailed material composition and strength determination.
- Examination and testing of large structures within the petrochemical, transport, energy and mining industry for fitness for purpose using Acoustic Emissio
- Acoustic emission testing – Fibre composite pipes and pressure vessels, tank floor, and steel pressure vessels.
- Slips, trips and falls - Incident investigation and expert report.
- Personal injury claims associated with structures and handling practices failures
- Auditing of advanced NDT facilities
- Preparation and presentation of “Developing Inspection Procedures from ASTM LPI and MPI Standard Practices.” Aircraft Inspection and Maintenance Seminar 23-25 Oct 2017, NANTDB
- Staff Bio (pdf)