Adrian Grosvenor is ATTAR’s General Manager (Engineering Consulting) and Principal Engineer and has over 10 years’ experience performing forensic materials failure analysis investigations and materials testing and verification. Over this time he has undertaken close to 2000 investigations spanning the marine, automotive, heavy vehicle, mining, power generation, building and manufacturing industries.
Dr Adrain Grosvenor
PhD, Materials Engineering, Monash University, MIEAust,
General Manager (Engineering Consulting) & Principal Engineer
phone 03 9574 6144
mobile 0427 166 675
- Preparation and provision of Expert witness reports compliant with Court requirements.
- Determination of component compliance with specification and fitness for purpose.
- Detailed investigations into small or large-scale mechanical and structural failures to determine root cause.
- Investigations of personal injuries, with regard to equipment and surroundings compliance with Codes and Standards.
- Utilising specialised and unique materials characterisation equipment, enabling full and detailed material composition and strength determination.
- Forensic root cause analysis including assessment of corrosion mechanisms.
- Microstructural analysis of structural steel for evidence of fire damage.
- Assessment and investigation of various plumbing failures of fixtures, hoses, taps, filters and pipework.
- Failure analysis and assessment of large scale diesel engine components.
- Failure analysis of motorsport engines and drive train components.
- Assessment, investigation and expert witness services for component failures in large mining, industrial and manufacturing plant equipment.
- Determination of compliance with engineering standards and design criteria.
- Staff Bio (pdf)