Daniel King is a Materials and Testing Engineer undertaking forensic materials failure analysis investigations and performing materials testing for legal and non-legal reports for systems or components made of metal, plastic, ceramic and composite materials.
BEng(Mats) Hons, Monash University
BSci (Mats Sci & Chem), Monash University
Materials and Testing Engineer
phone 03 9574 6144
mobile 0425 081 115
- Investigation and root cause determination of material failures across all industries.
- Using specialised testing and analytical equipment to determine material composition, material properties and mechanical strength of small and large scale components as part of failure investigations or product/materials compliance.
- Transmission line corrosion monitoring of in-situ ACSR conductors in Australia and New Zealand.
- Provide independent testing and qualification of welds, welding personnel and weld procedures for the manufacturing sector to applicable Australian or industry standards.
- Conduct slip, trip and fall accident and injury investigations, providing expert witness reports for legal proceedings.
- Inspection of tiling defects for newly tiled large shopping centre complex.
- Failure examination, follow up inspection and repair advice on moveable wall panel track mechanisms at a large function centre.
- Inspection of failing external aluminium window louvres on multi story apartment building.
- Root cause investigation of failed ACSR electricity conductor.
- Slip and fall injury investigation in corridor of a sports club for legal proceedings.
- Mechanical testing, visual examination and end-of-life prediction of ageing electricity conductor samples removed from service.
- Transmission line corrosion monitoring of in-service transmission lines in Australia and New Zealand using Helicopter, Tower and EWP access.
- Staff Bio (pdf)